Consider on moving the Reel Template close to the end of the screen.

Developer
Jan 12, 2010 at 9:51 AM

I think the Reel Template is too much in the middle of the screen.

It kinds cover the backdrop art. What you guys think on moving down?

Cheers Mates.

Developer
Jan 12, 2010 at 4:44 PM

I changed the Template to this.

When using LaurentG-Mod, you realise that it shows the Movie-File name in a Frame at the buttom of the screen (in standard-config) and it touches the Info-Frame of the Movie. I dont liked that. Then i found the Reel-Template and modified this, also for the 2nd AudioCodecInfo Placeholder.

If u use the another OSD, like Lilibabe Simple-OSD, there is no Movie-File-Name-Frame, so it is obsolete. Templates are a very personal thing, and you will never find one template for all. For my opinion it's ok, if we don't ship the Template with the Installer, but for now, i will be lucky if it stands for a while in the svn... :)

Developer
Jan 12, 2010 at 5:51 PM
Edited Jan 13, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Yes there are LOTS of mods out there and everyone has their own tweaked slightly different so its going to be hard to include too many with our software.

Bitspyer: the default Aeon template I already moved up 20px because people were complaining (including me) as the movie-filename box covers the info frame. It now works fine for all mods.

Should we be changing all the mods to do this? Probably not as like you said some people use lilibabe that does not have the filename box, so the info panel should actualy be all the way down at the bottom so you can see the backdrop better.

There are too many OSD mods, and too many templates. Unless there is a clear leader that the majority of users prefer then its too hard for us to tweak templates imho :(

Developer
Jan 12, 2010 at 6:13 PM

We are in four. We can get images from all templates and vote. The ones everyone (or at least most) agrees can be input in the instalation.

Others users will have to do it on their own.

But shipping the ones we judge best will give us a lot of users.

I won't change. I will still keep using the Aeon Template. I found it very clean and plesant.

Developer
Jan 12, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Yes I've already created 2 polls on wdtvforum to let users vote for most common template, and most common mod. (I'll add more options as people suggest them.)

Once thats been running for a while we will be able to see what the majority of users prefer, then include those templates, tweaked for the most common mods.

(Personally I am using the AeonBasicInfoTemplate too.)

Developer
Jan 12, 2010 at 8:15 PM
Edited Jan 12, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Confirmed! As i wrote, the Reel Template was changed for me in the situation as i needed personally. I can modify the AeonBasicTemplate for the Second Audio Stream (i made my first tests with this...:) )

OK, for this i think, we can close this Discussion, and we will work with the AeonBasic Template.

Coordinator
Jan 12, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Just checked out the REEL template for the first time.  I think the location of the icons is not the best. Or they are just too big for that location.