New GUI

Developer
Jan 9, 2010 at 6:03 AM
Edited Jan 9, 2010 at 6:06 AM

Hi everyone,

I fixed about 3 bugs (out of bounds) specially.

And also changed the GUI a little bit:

When Creating the Sheet: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4004/4258787734_42409e8e2f_o.jpg

When Editing an existent: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4056/4258024999_637598d8df_o.jpg

Hope you guys like it.

Cheers and keep going!!

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2010 at 10:35 AM
Edited Jan 9, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Good idea to move the 'edit movie info' down to the bottom of the screen ! That was also something I would have choosen for. I like it.

Also good to see, you already fixed 3 bugs

Developer
Jan 9, 2010 at 6:37 PM

I like this new layout too - having the movie details showing all the time makes sense since how many people actually hide the info?

Not so sure about the ALL CAPITALS for buttons tho - makes it look less professional imho ?

Nice work on those bugs Panga!

Coordinator
Jan 10, 2010 at 12:53 PM

No offense, but I agree with DaSandman regarding the capitals for the buttons

Developer
Jan 10, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Ok. No problem. It was just an idea.

Nothing is definitive. :o)))

No worries. Just buttons or everything?

Developer
Jan 10, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Everything please :D

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Another question.

Just downloaded latest version, but now the lower part of the movie info and the button to generate sheet and the selection box for the template are not visible on my pc screen.

Checked @ 1024x768 and @ 1280x800 but still not visible.  Only at 1600x1200 is shows, but I don't think a lot of users work at that resolution... 

What do you guys think ?

Developer
Jan 11, 2010 at 12:07 PM

yes, good reply... hmm.. what about an own Tab for MovieInfos?

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Might be good idea for seperate tab. Not too sure about that.

Regarding screen resolutions, see also here (indication) :

http://www.onestat.com/html/aboutus_pressbox43-screen-resolutions.html

Developer
Jan 11, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Displays fine at 1280x1024 and higher, but not at 1024x768.

I dont think a new tab is a good idea tho - you want all the information to be visible on this screen before you generate the movie sheet.

I did notice that there is a big gap between the Movies and Status boxes, and also between the "Available Backdrops" and "MOVIE INFO" boxes - we can easily move Status and MOVIE INFO up by a large amount - maybe enough for it to display properly on 1024x768 screens?

Panga: you want to try those changes since you originally moved things around?

P.S. Also those Fanart colours and "Clear FanArt" button - what do they actually do? If they are never/hardly ever used then potentially we can remove them and get even more space to move the MOVIE INFO box up?

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Fanart stuff: No idea what it does, never used it. Must admit that I haven't checked the code to see what it does/ is supposed to do.

Movie info : reading DaSandman's comments, indeed it is a bit silly to see / edit the movie info on a different page than where you select backdrop, poster etc en press the 'GO' button.

Developer
Jan 12, 2010 at 3:17 PM

I already kind of synch some of the stuff to better inform user what the system is doind. Specially when it goes to the internet.

But I will update tonight every action the MSG does in the status tab. Also I will see if it is possible to add a comment with regular font and the next change to bold, then back to normal, back to bold and so on. So it will be really easy to see what is happening.

About fan art, it will create 3 separated screen. Some templates shows thoses screens in too.

I can find an example at home. The internet at my office is very restrict.

Developer
Jan 14, 2010 at 11:40 PM

is there a use for the "Template to Use" and "Apply new template" ?

I need space for the manual selecting of the Audio and Video Streams, if MediaInfo cant detect it....

Developer
Jan 14, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Hey Bitspyer,

I think we can work on that later. We just want to release the 1.6.1 today and then we keep working.

Also I removed the maximized button since the GUI won't follow a maximized option.

I fit everything already not to be maximized. I will remove the button later. Or if someone else can remove it that would be good.

We can keep the minimized and close button though.

Developer
Jan 15, 2010 at 11:13 AM
bitspyer wrote:

is there a use for the "Template to Use" and "Apply new template" ?

I need space for the manual selecting of the Audio and Video Streams, if MediaInfo cant detect it....

Yes, you can have lots of templates added, so the "Template to Use" shows a dropdown list of all the templates, and the "Apply new template" will regenerate the moviesheet with the selected template.

Please do not delete these to make space for your new movie streams!

DaSandman

P.S. After v1.6.1 release is done, I'll change it so that it analyzes the mkv when it does the IMDB lookups, that way your video+audio streams will already be populated with the right values. Then the user can manually change these if they want, for example if they did not get detected, or if they want dvd/bluray/hddvd icons since we cant work that out automatically. For now please take out the streams stuff (since its not working yet) and we can release 1.6.1, then you can put them back in and we can start working on 1.6.2