adding support for trilogies/quadrilogies etc..

Jan 17, 2010 at 1:54 PM

A neat feature should be de support for trilogies.

now movie1 movie2 movie3 etc.. are all apart from eachother, i like to have these movies combined (like TheTVDB).

Ive also seen that some of the graphics in the tvixie templates arent generated in MSG (like mirrorglass).

what so you guys (or girls) think of these things?

Developer
Jan 17, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Hmm, not so sure on this.

For TV series it makes sense, but for movies some people will want them together, others separate.

Personally I keep them separate, so there is a different moviesheet for each movie in the trilogy, so I can see their individual runtimes/ratings/summary etc.

Jan 18, 2010 at 6:02 AM
i was more thinking about this:

trilogy sheet
|_movie1 sheet
|_movie2 sheet
|_movie3 sheet

each having their own sheet but are combined by 1 main sheet

To: [email removed]
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 14:01:45 -0800
Subject: Re: adding support for trilogies/quadrilogies etc.. [WDTVMSG:81086]

Hmm, not so sure on this.
For TV series it makes sense, but for movies some people will want them together, others separate.
Personally I keep them separate, so there is a different moviesheet for each movie in the trilogy, so I can see their individual runtimes/ratings/summary etc.

Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (WDTVMSG@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email WDTVMSG@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Minder SPAM in de verbeterde Windows Live Hotmail
Developer
Jan 18, 2010 at 7:15 AM

You can already do this, eg create the following folders :

trilogy, trilogy/movie1, trilogy/movie2, trilogy/movie3

Then run WDTV-MSG over the trilogy folder and it will generate the sheets for movie1,movie2 and movie3. You can then manually create a moviesheet for the "trilogy" folder by dowloading a poster and backdrop (maybe use google images?) and put the text in yourself.

Theres no way the WDTV-MSG program will be able to generate this sheet for you since there will be no movie on IMDB called "trilogy", so no posters/backdrops/summary will be available.

Jan 18, 2010 at 8:26 AM
ok, thanks didnt know that.
im currently looking at source code, i have to following changes:
-tooltip buttons
-explanation of fanarts
-better support for tvixie templates

To: [email removed]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 00:15:56 -0800
Subject: Re: adding support for trilogies/quadrilogies etc.. [WDTVMSG:81086]

You can already do this, eg create the following folders :
trilogy, trilogy/movie1, trilogy/movie2, trilogy/movie3
Then run WDTV-MSG over the trilogy folder and it will generate the sheets for movie1,movie2 and movie3. You can then manually create a moviesheet for the "trilogy" folder by dowloading a poster and backdrop (maybe use google images?) and put the text in yourself.
Theres no way the WDTV-MSG program will be able to generate this sheet for you since there will be no movie on IMDB called "trilogy", so no posters/backdrops/summary will be available.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (WDTVMSG@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email WDTVMSG@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Minder SPAM in de verbeterde Windows Live Hotmail